Monday, February 6, 2017

Will Your Flower Girl Remember Being in Your Wedding? I Say YES, and Here's Why.....

I was having a conversation with a bride recently...she wondered if her adorable little flower girls (ages 3-6) will even remember being in her wedding?  I definitely think so, and here's my proof....


Yep, that's me....I'm about 4 years old and I was a miniature bride in my Aunt Candy's wedding.  I don't know if that was a seventies thing, or a northern thing (I'm from Wisconsin), but I haven' t really heard of miniature brides since then, so I'm not sure?  Anyway, my dress and bouquet looked exactly like hers, and I had never been more excited I my life! Here's another thing...I'm one of 4 kids, we're all 13  months apart.  If your family is like that, then you know....you do EVERYTHING together, one on one attention is somewhat rare.  Being chosen for this special task, just me.....not one of my sisters....was the biggest thing that possibly could've happened.  I literally remember EVERY DETAIL...walking down the aisle, pictures, dancing.  I only have 2 or 3 pictures from the event, including this one, and I treasure it! The wedding day was an excited blur, but I thought it was the most incredible night.

Weddings are magical like that, aren't they?!? Who knew that someday I'd be a wedding vendor myself.....a bridal beauty expert. I have worked with well over 1000 brides (and counting!) over my 20+ year career AND get to live in the world of weddings every day. I never, ever get tired of it, and I never will...it's a honor to be a part of such a special celebration! This may be an old, grainy photo, but clearly, this pic is instrumental in explaining my love and passion for being a bridal beauty artist.

And yes, bride to be.....someday your lil' peanut will be a grown up too.  She'll remember every detail about being in YOUR wedding, and it'll make her smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment